Saturday, May 12, 2012

Royce Brooks Garage

AKA "Bobby's" - which is how one woman I met writes it on her to-do list when she needs to get her car fixed. I actually look forward to having our cars worked on because it means I get to go and bring my work and wait in the waiting area at this garage. First of all, I like it because it's cleaner than my own house. You can practically eat off the floor. Yes, I repeat, it's an automotive repair place. Next, there's no T.V. wedged in front of clientele to shut them up. No squawk-box blaring in front of the small number of chairs, forcing you to listen to murder & mayhem. Just a steady stream of customers come in and out, often chatting about one another's lives. Good work is being done all around you. I find something both relaxing and inspiring about the racks of tools and the lifts moving up and down, and things being fixed. The whole place is clean and Bobby is really good with people. And cars. It's a well-run place.

No comments:

Post a Comment